Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Butter Lovers

Last night for whatever reason the twins had too much energy & while I was trying to clean up after dinner (a big chore when you have no dishwasher) they asked me how butter was made.  I kind of wanted to get them out of my hair & it's always fun experimenting so I suggested we make our own butter.  We poured some heavy cream into a mason jar & I told them to start shaking.
Just sitting there shaking the jar got boring so I told them to hop around with the jar.  I figured this would not only get the butter made but also get rid of some of their extra energy.

So they jumped down the hall...

...very enthusiastically!

And then they started getting creative...

...or something like that.

Whoa girl, hang on to that jar!

And after a little more proper shaking by me while watching HGTV, a little salt, and a night in the fridge it was ready to...

...spread on toast and... (someone clean that girls fingernails!)

...devour!  And the taste verdict is...

...two thumbs up!  One of these cute girls is a real butter enthusiast, can you tell which one?
This project would be great "busy work" for kids tomorrow while your preparing your feast.  Happy eating!

1 comment: