Monday, November 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Saturday was my birthday.  It was one of my best birthdays ever, despite the fact I'm diving deeper into my thirties.  I actually ended up with 2 days of birthday fun.  Friday night a couple of my close girlfriends & I went downtown to First Night & then ended the evening with dinner at the Red Bird Wine Bar.  The food was good (despite the fact they were out of what half of us wanted) & the company was even better!
Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy.  I wasn't planning on such an eventful evening & didn't have my camera.  My phone was my only source of moment capturing.

Then my awesome husband surprised me with my own hotel room for the evening, ALL BY MYSELF, late checkout included.  It was a great gift!  I need alone time to reboot myself and the timing couldn't have been better.  I took a bath with more bubbles than I could handle- & no one was screaming at the door & no one came into the bathroom.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I lounged in my pjs, didn't take care of anyone, and watched meaningless television.  It was awesome!
Ladies, don't wait for your birthday, just go get one of these now!

In the morning I did not even open my eyes until 9am, & then I didn't get out of bed until 10:45.  After check out I went to a bakery I'd been wanting to try, the Black Cat Bake Shop & got a mocha & breakfast.  I also purchased an individual mousse cake for myself.  And yes, it's as good as it looks.

After a little shopping I made my way to the salon where I used a gift certificate I got for my last birthday to get a pedicure & a massage.  It was perfect.  I did a little more shopping ALONE and then my wonderful husband & I went to the Blue Canyon for dinner.  If you get a chance to go to one of these restaurants do yourself a favor & get the potato chips with blue cheese sauce- perfection.  Unless you don't like blue cheese, in which case you have issues beyond my capabilities.  The night ended with cake at my parents house with them & my children (of whom I hadn't seen all day).  Next year's birthday will have a lot to live up to.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful two days! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun night and I'm glad it turned into a weekend celebration instead of one day for you....I mean Josh and Body could have been at elk camp. Ha! Ridiculous. That mousse cake looks AMAZING! I love that bakery.

    ReplyDelete