Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tree Hunting & Decorating

Last weekend we went tree hunting with a few of our closest friends.  We do this every year at the same place.  It started way back when... before children (except the Squires- they've always had kiddos:)... before mortgages... before out of shape legs.  Anyway, it is a wonderful tradition that I look forward to every year.
  
Theres always a lot of laughing, usually some sort of mini fight, saw malfunctions, hot cocoa, and great Christmas trees.

This year was no different, except there wasn't a fight.  I guess we're growing up!  Everyone had a great time. 

With the exception of JoJo.  He was cold, tired, and generally miserable most of the time.  There's got to be at least one kid who isn't happy... right?

A few days later we decorated the tree.  

I'm tired of packing & unpacking stuff so we just did lights & a small box of bulbs.  This is Danica's first Christmas where she is self aware.  Which translates to she really likes Christmas bulbs... a lot... really likes them... no baby, don't touch that!

JoJo was in a better mood by then.  He wanted to hang one up high, so I helped him.  I'm sensing the antelope feels like we're in his bubble.

There ya' go buddy.  Now you won't feel so left out.

Now we just have to wait until Santa comes.

Check out more pictures in our "Photo Album"

1 comment:

  1. We are growing up.....no fighting. Haha! I saw your comment about the twins with Jesse....I was cracking up! They are kind of part of our family. It works!! :) Thanks for having this great idea 6 years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete