Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

As promised here is our Easter day in photos.  Grab a snack & settle in, this is gonna be a long one...
Lets start the day before with dying Easter eggs.
Maddie cried the next day when she realized that were were going to crack the shells & eat the eggs.
Easter morning all the kiddos get their Easter baskets first thing before church.  (Once again, please excuse the piles of laundry in the background.  I'm not gonna fool ya', they're always there.)
Their baskets are filled with a couple little treats, stickers, sidewalk chalk, Play-Dough, & very few pieces of candy.  As you can see they don't need the extra sugar.
As a pastor's wife I have the joy of getting everyone in their Easter best by myself & to church on time for an extra early service.
I woke up at 6am and we were still 15 minutes late.  This is because I insisted on taking a few pictures.  If I'm going to have a crazy morning of getting ready I want the cute pictures that reward all my efforts.
I want to have proof that my kids look good, because by the end of church they always look disarrayed.
 Overall I'd say they turned out pretty good for one Mom getting four kids under the age of 6 ready.
Joshie is not fond of having his picture taken, so I had a lot of pictures just of the three girls.
 Each girl got an Easter bonnet.
 They looked so cute & they wore them proudly.
I think Maddie looks rather Southern here.
I love this picture.
After church we went to my parents house for Easter dinner.
It was such a beautiful day.  The first one we've had all Spring!  Everyone soaked up the sun & enjoyed not having to wear a bulky jacket.
 At some point the Easter Bunny came & all chaos broke out.
It was fast & furious & the kids got way to much candy.
 Danica got to do her first egg hunt.  She got 3 eggs in her basket & then decided to re-hide those 3 eggs.  Next year she'll get the concept better.  But she loved eating the candy inside.
 Nice haul Maddie.
Good score Gracie.
 Let's see your's JoJo... oh, your too busy eating the candy already.
Way to much candy!
 It was even warm enough to run through the sprinkler before dinner was served.
Only a Montana kid could handle a sprinkler run in 65 degree weather... it really felt like a scorcher though after a long & cold Winter/Spring.
 You got to see the best of all my shots.  It takes me many clicks of the the button to get one good shot of so many little ones.  Here are some of the ones that did not make the cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment