Friday, January 21, 2011

Twin Instinct

One really cool thing about twins is this...

They always cuddle.

No matter their age.  (They're watching TV here.)

I knew these twin boys that were sixteen & in the prime of acting cool & being independent.  But they still continually had their arms around each other, or a hand on the shoulder.  They pretty much had to be touching each other at all times if they were in the same room.

Here they were just talking to each other, but they still had to be touching.

They show public displays of affection & don't seem to care who is around or watching.  Someday I know they will be embarrassed when I hug them in front of people, but I don't thing they'll ever be embarrassed to hug each other.

Twins have such a strong unique bond that so few people in the world get to experience.

They are born with their best friend, what an amazing blessing!

It's so precious to watch these two grow in their relationship.  But sometimes it backfires on me- like bed time when they talk late into the night.  You'd think they hadn't seen each other in years!

I can just see the girls doing this when they're in college.  (But I can't imagine past that because that would involve me being a grandma & my mind just isn't capable of going there yet.)

I feel blessed to get to experience this special twin bond first hand.

3 comments: