Monday, November 19, 2012

Life with a Right Brainer

Gracie is probably our most creative child.  She is constantly thinking outside of the box, building things, making up games and plays, and creating art projects.
Here's a good example.  All the kids made Thanksgiving cards for my brother who is a solider and cannot come home for the holiday.  This was Gracie's card.  The turkey is on a platter amongst a Thanksgiving dinner.  He is exclaiming in a shocked voice "What!!!" and the fox and other animals are ready to have some turkey dinner.  The fox is saying "yum".
Life with a right brainer also comes with some different ways of communication.  Meet George.  Gracie found this cardboard roll somewhere, I have no idea where.  But my guess is church or school.  I had noticed she had been dragging it around and had created a face on it using Bendaroos (If you don't have this & have a creative child get them!  They are wonderful for their artsy minds and do not make a mess.)  I didn't pay much attention because Gracie is constantly making little projects.
Until one night she was upset with me for some reason.  I probably did something drastic like tell her to pick up her shoes or do her homework.  When I tucked her into bed that night the cardboard roll face was on her night stand... and he was not looking too happy.  It was then I realized that George, as I would later find out was his name, was a reflection of Gracie's current feelings.
When Gracie's worried, George is worried.
Here's George scared.
And happy.
Here George is telling Gracie a secret.
And goofy George.  Here's to my little right brainer.  Thanks for keeping us on our toes and making life fun and interesting!

1 comment: