UPDATE: Well, the votes are in & an overwhelming 62% said to burn the shorts. You have no idea how happy I am! Josh appreciates the support of the other 37%, valiant effort.
Since I've known him Josh has had this awful pair of cut-off jean shorts. He wore them before we started dating, but they dissapeared for many years until after we were married for a while. One summer a few years back they reappeared & I took the first opportunity I got to hide them deep back in the closet. I should have burned them, but I felt a little bad about destroying them without Josh's consent. I know, I know, I'm such a softie (stop laughing, I could be a softie if I wanted to).A few weeks ago somehow Josh found his long lost cut-offs again. You think of all the things that could be in storage right now his shorts would have been at the top of the list. Instead I'm stuck without a DVD player or drinking glasses, but Josh somehow has his hideous shorts. I think these shorts are disgusting. The cut is like that of early 90's mom shorts (& if you were even remotely conscious in the early 90's you know what I mean). Not much embarrasses me, but if I'm with Josh & any other living soul is around to see him I turn red.
I thought my luck had turned the other day when his precious mom shorts ripped all along the back pocket. He begged me to sew them & I refused. Later I thought, "Maybe it's just me, maybe the shorts aren't so bad". & then I laughed & said to myself "Yeah right, those shorts are horrible!" But I like to remain open to other opinions & thoughts, so I'm putting the ball in your court. What do you think, should I mend the shorts or should I put them out of their misery once & for all. Place your vote on the poll to the right & help me close this chapter on my life (I don't want to be 60 & still struggling with these stinkin' shorts!) Comments are welcome as well, I want as much feedback as possible!



AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! Josh, you don't live in eureka anymore.....throw away the shorts! I'll even buy you a new pair!!!!-Jami
ReplyDeleteKeep them, I've known those shorts on Josh since college! Don't give in Josh, stay strong in your cut off shorts! -Buck
Mend the shorts!! I've had to live with Aaron's black winter Adidas jacket for the last 8 years...I don't know how many years he has had it for, finally got him a new one, but he won't let me get rid of it. Mend the shorts!
ReplyDeleteMend the shorts! But use a big heart patch. See if he still wants them after that. I still have to endure Keiths cut off football pants from college. Ew. I tried to throw clothes away but our son would secretly get them out of the garbage can and return them to Keith just as the argument would start about wear the precious clothing was. Men are weird.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Karen thinks the shorts should be mended. Lets see in ten years what his waist size will be. Thats when you toss them,when he can no longer snap them shut. Hey and whats wrong with mom jeans?
ReplyDeleteSince everyone is throwing in their "What I've had to live with" items, here's mine. Buck has had the same Atlanta falcons carton tie for 15 years, his only tie and he still tries to wear to nice occasions like weddings!!! He still LOVES it! Maybe us wives should get together and burn it all!!!
ReplyDelete