On their actual birthday we had our traditional birthday pancakes.
After pancakes we went out to Chinese for lunch (as requested by Gracie) & Josh & I suprised them & took the twins & JoJo to see KungFu Panda 2.
Then Grandma Karen came & spent the night & the girls got these super cute outfits from her & their Teta Manda.
They have tried to wear them everyday since...even to church.
The next day was the big party. It was cold & windy so we did most events in the arena. There were horseback rides.
Chickens to hold.
A brand new colt to pet.
Which required me to hold (easier said than done) the baby horse for about 20 minutes. My quads were burnin'!
It also resulted in multiple shots of me from this angle by various cameras. Not one of my finer moments.
There were tractor rides.
And of course a pinata.
Some pinata swings were intense.
Some were methodical.
Some were non-existent (thanks Uncle Josh).
But all resulted in a bountiful outcome.
Everyone walked away with treasures.
Gracie was more interested in the pinata carcass than it's contents.
Later on it was time for cake & ice cream. I forgot to take a good picture of the horse cake I made, but you get the idea.Then it was present time.
This is a small look into the craziness that was our home during the party. People filled every corner.
After cake & presents all the kids scattered to the four winds & busied themselves by playing in creeks, climbing trees, swinging, & in general getting really dirty & tired. It was a wonderful birthday party & the twins had a blast!
Check out all the photos from the big day here
Side note: I relinquished my camera during the party so I could attend to my motherly duties. The following pictures are a result of that transfer of power.
I couldn't be the only one on this post shakin' what her mama gave her!


























I am laughing so hard right now! I can't believe Gracie was so interested in the dead parts of the pinata..hahaha! Those booty shots were awesome too! dead things, birthday cakes and butts; seems like a successful party to me ;)
ReplyDelete