For the past five years we have taken a mini family vacation in January. It seems like this is the perfect time to get away, spend some quality time together, & relax. This year Josh was too busy in January... and in February. So I made it my mission to get our family vacation done in March.
We went to the same place we go every year, Fairmont Hotsprings. We love this place! All the pools are warm & the hot tubs warmer. The kids love the water slide & the pools are open 24 hours. The rooms are lovely & the beds comfy. It's not actually in a town so we don't go anywhere, that's right we stay right at the resort the entire time- it's wonderful. I don't have to cook & you can get pizza delivered to your room. You don't have to make your own bed or wash your laundry. There's a petting zoo & a playground. They always give me a ground floor so we can park right outside our patio door. And our new discovery this year is that they made a play area equipped with a ton of toys & a cozy couch for Mommy to read on.
As usual the kids had a blast swimming. This year's accomplishment was that the twins went down the water slide by themselves. They were nervous at first, but after the first run they were hooked. We literally could not get them to stop... they're really fast runners.
Josh also loves the water slide. He likes to see how fast he can get going. I like this shot of him...look at the intensity on his face. And yes, the landing hurt!
Danica LOVED the water. She would just lounge in her little baby float & take it all in. Sometimes she would splash in the water or play with a toy. But mostly she would just sit there and smile... or almost fall asleep. She didn't even mind getting splashed every once in a while... or that her Dad kept putting her swimsuit on backwards (bikinis can be really confusing!).
Joshie became much more comfortable with the water during this trip. He's never been a fan of water going above his waist, but quickly overcame that fear on this vacation. Sometimes he'd go a little too far & his water wings would bring him a float & start drifting him towards the deep end. Then he would scream & we would go retrieve him & all would be well again. Mostly he just liked to bobbing (hopping) around the shallow end singing songs. By the way this picture is all an act. He asked me with big smiles & a happy voice to take his picture. As soon as I put the camera up he scowled. Little stinker!
I love babies in bikinis, so I had to put this picture up as well. Look at that belly! I wish it was cute for me to have a belly like that ;)
Overall it was a great three days that we all really needed.
P.S. There are no pictures of me because:
A) I refuse to have any pictures taken of me in my swimsuit
B) I refuse to have any pictures taken of me after three days of doing nothing to make myself look good
C) Josh was always in the water, sleeping, or playing with his new iphone








It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! Buck and I are planning a little trip for our 10 year anniversary next month.....maybe this would be fun. all-though my girls would be mad if they found out we swam without them!
ReplyDelete