Saturday, July 16, 2011

First Fruits

Don't ask me why, but on the busiest Summer of our lives I still decided to plant a garden.  I just can't help it!  I honestly love to garden & I had a box full of vegetable seeds.  I figured I'd just plant what few seeds I had & it wouldn't be that big of a project.  Plus it was cold for so long this Spring that I knew our growing season would be very short & we wouldn't get much anyway.
Well, tonight I went out to check on things after being gone for 5 days.  A lot of rain & sunshine had been good to my garden & I needed to harvest some stuff.  I cut a bunch of lettuce & picked radishes.
So I guess the radishes were a little beyond ready.  Look at this behemoth!  At least I have a lot of fresh produce to share with friends & family.

P.S. If you like radishes call me immediately & I will hook you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment