Friday, February 4, 2011

Obsessions: JoJo

JoJo is obsessed with music.  He has a gift for pouring his heart into a song.  Even if that song is a bunch of incoherent slurred toddler words.
Everyday pencils become drum sticks.
Kitchen stools & jars become a drum set.  (He's generally very serious when playing music- focused)
Tennis rackets turn into guitars.
And Joshie sings with all his heart.
He's been singing & making up songs since he was one years old.  And I'm not making that up; God honest truth.  When he was a baby he would babble little melodies he made up.  So cute.

He also does air guitar & a sweet butt-rock voice whenever he's excited.  "Hey JoJo we're going to McDondalds."  His response "MccccDonaaaaalds!" in a high pitched voice accompanied with air guitar motions.  What two year old does that?!
His favorite song is "Happy Day" which he hears at church quite often.
I try not to decide too early in my children's lives what they will grow up to be.  But if this kid doesn't do something with music I will be completely shocked... completely.
I enjoy watching his passion & love for music grow.  It's fun to watch him watch musicians... he's in complete awe.  It will be interesting to see what instrument(s) he eventually decides to play (I hope it's not the drums- but as you can see from the pictures that may be a hopeless hope).

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh so the colored pencils as drum sticks was not a new thing! :) I love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to get the mic just right

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wide opened mouth pics! And the video! Too cute. Aaron also commented that he loves that you have this blog of the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Joshie!!! I love this boy,Grandma Karen

    ReplyDelete