Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Randomness From Last Week

First of all, Danica got her cast removed last Thursday.  She had it on for a month & it smelled like it.  She was pretty good about getting it off, but screamed & cried again when she had to get x-rays.  It's still a little fractured, but the doc said it should finished healing on it's own just fine.  We go back in a month for the last round of x-rays (at which time I have a feeling Danica will ensue screaming & crying once again).
We had this little guy on our porch last week.  I say little because he probably only weighed about 60 pounds, but all bears are big when you have four little children.  Obviously he has gotten separated from his mother somehow.  I was washing dishes & this cub ran across my porch in front of me.  He was in no hurry & slowly made his way around the house.
After taking pictures & letting Joshie watch him for a while I decided it was time for him to go.  So I yelled at him.  He was not impressed & just ignored me.  So, I threw rocks at him.  He was mildly annoyed but just meandered into our yard.  I continued throwing random objects at him, anything I could find on our deck, & yelling.  Nothing really startled him, but he did eventually walk away.  Don't worry Grandma Karen, FWP has since captured & relocated him.  I guess if we're gonna have a bear in our yard I'd prefer this little guy to most.  But no bears would be best.
My brother Jack was home last week on leave from the Army.  He gets deployed in a week for Afghanistan for one year.  It was great to have him home & get to hang out.  We will miss him, please be praying for his safety.
Since Jack came home my other brother Gabe also came home.  My Mom wanted a long over due family picture.  The good thing was we had a professional photographer besides myself.  My kiddos were not the most cooperative on the smiling front, but I bet we end up with something decent... I hope.
They were all smiles afterwards when they got to go play while couples pictures were being taken.  Don't ask me what Maddie is doing.
And by the end of it this is all they wanted to do in front  of the camera.  At least their hair still looks nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment